Solaris Finance Pty Ltd (“we”/“us”/“our”) endeavours at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, Australian Privacy Principles and the Credit Information Privacy Code as well as any relevant state or territory laws which together will be referred to in this policy as “Australian Privacy Law.”
When this Policy Applies
. It applies to you if you apply to us for credit assistance to finance the purchase of energy generation, distribution, management and usage equipment (“the equipment”) and its installation; or you receive credit from a credit provider to whom we refer your application; or we otherwise hold credit information about you or information about your eligibility for credit or credit worthiness. We or a credit provider to whom we refer your application will collect, hold, use and disclose credit information about you if you apply for or receive credit assistance from us or agree to provide a guarantee for any other person or company which applies for or receives credit assistance from us.
What information we may collect, hold, use and disclose
The credit information which we or a credit provider to whom we refer your application, may collect from you includes:
- Identification information,
- Financial Information,
- Credit liability information,
- Repayment history information of credit accounts you now hold or which you have held,
- Information about the credit application such as the type of credit and its purpose and amount of credit,
- Default information about you when you have failed to make a payment which has already been disclosed to a credit reporting body by another credit provider,
- Court proceedings information about a judgment of any Australian court that was made against you,
- Publicly available information about you that is not otherwise described, and
- Credit worthiness or credit eligibility information which we obtain from a Credit Reporting Body
Purposes for which we hold, use, collect and disclose credit information
As notified above, we or a credit provider to whom we refer your application, may hold, use, collect and disclose your credit information to:
- Satisfy obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Finance Act 2006 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009;
- Assess your credit application and that of any proposed guarantors for that credit; deal with any complaint by you through the Internal Dispute Resolution process; obtain a report from a Credit Reporting Body;
- Forward your application for credit to a credit provider so that they may assess it with a view to providing credit to you; or
- Obtain a report from a Credit Reporting Body for that purpose and you expressly authorise any such credit provider to also hold, use, collect and disclose your credit information for that purpose.
Persons to whom your credit information may be disclosed
We may collect and disclose your credit information from and to:
- Credit providers to whom we refer your credit application. Such credit providers may obtain or disclose your credit information from and to Credit Reporting Bodies, who may then include that information in reports provided to other persons;
- Credit Reporting Bodies which may then include that credit information in reports provided to other persons;
- Suppliers of the equipment;
- Persons nominated by as guarantors for your credit application.
The Credit Reporting Bodies to whom we may make such disclosure are:
- Equifax (https://www.equifax.com.au/contact, 13 83 32),
We may, in the ordinary course of our business, disclose your credit information to third parties which operate in the United States, the Philippines and Singapore and while these parties may not, therefore, be subject to Australian Privacy Law, no person in those countries will be able to access your credit eligibility information without your express consent.
Disputes and Corrections
If you dispute any way in which we have collected, held, used or disclosed your credit information or seek a correction to any credit information we have supplied to any person, including to a Credit Reporting Body, contact our Privacy Officer on 1300 849 887 or email@example.com